When do we collect information about you?
- The information you give us. You may provide Personal Information when you: (i) access Oalo Security’s website, (ii) request, purchase and use a service from us, (iii) communicate with Oalo Security via phone calls (which may be recorded), chat, email, web forms, social media and other methods of communication, (iv) subscribe to Oalo Security’s marketing material, (v) attend our events, or (vi) provide services to Oalo Security.
- Information we collect about you via automated means. Each time you visit our website, view a Oalo Security advertisement on a third party-owned website or read a Oalo Security marketing email, we may automatically collect information about you via cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Notice.
- Email communication. We use pixel tags and cookies in our marketing emails so that we can track your interaction with those messages. We use tools like pixel tags and cookies so that we can determine interest in particular topics and measure and improve the effectiveness of our communications.
- Information we receive from other sources. Some services that we provide require the involvement of third parties. We have carefully selected these third parties and taken steps to ensure that the Personal Information is adequately protected. The third parties may include business partners, suppliers, subcontractors, advertisers (we do not disclose information about dentifiable individuals to our advertisers, but will provide them with aggregate information to help us serve more relevant advertisements to a cohort of visitors and/or customers on various advertising platforms) analytics, search engine providers, evaluation companies.
- Social Media Platforms. We may receive certain information that’s stored or processed by third parties, such as the social media sites Twitter® and LinkedIn® when you interact with us through these social media platforms.
The types of data we collect
Contact Information includes your name, company name, job title, telephone numbers, fax numbers, postal addresses, email addresses, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Oalo Security.
Transactional Information includes information about the Services you use, and how you interact with us and the Services.
Information collected by Automated Means includes information that Oalo Security collects through commonly used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons. Such information includes standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language) and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect and use your Personal Information because it is necessary to obtain certain details including Personal Information from you in providing you with the service you have requested, and it is in our legitimate interests in the course of operating our business.
The legal grounds for this processing are:
- our legitimate interests (in carrying on our business, making our website available, and providing our customers with content which is appropriate for
- for the performance of our contract with you (where you purchase goods or services from us or via a third-party partner.
- to comply with our legal obligations
- Ensuring the quality of the service we provide, and the accuracy of the information collected from you.
In respect of limited categories of data we may record and use this with your consent (for example, in relation to sending you direct marketing). You can withdraw your consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing undertaken before that point.
How we use your information
Unless otherwise stated herein, we use your information for providing you theServices that you have requested from us, as referred below:
- To contact you. We use your Contact Information to get in touch with you.Here are some examples of reasons why we might contact you to:communicate with you about your orders or the Services you use; conduct surveys; send you announcements about the Services; notify you about our upcoming events; administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our business partners.
- For marketing purposes. We use your Contact Information to recommend products and services that might be of interest to you, to send you marketing and advertising messages such as newsletters, announcements, or special offers or to notify you about our upcoming events. To provide you with marketing communications is not essential for the maintenance or existence of the legal relationship we may have with you at a certain point; thus, you may opt-out from receiving such communications. Public 3 Version 1.0 21/05/21
You are entitled to opt-out from receipt of marketing communication at any time and free of charge by using the “unsubscribe” option included in any marketing e-mail or other marketing material received from us.
Your decision to opt-out from our marketing communications will not affect your ability to continue receiving the Services from us.
- To provide the Services to you, we need the Required Contact Information, Transactional Information, and Billing Information to: process orders (including payments) for our Services; provide the Services to you; provide access to secure areas of our websites; create and maintain your account, and control access to it.
- To enable third parties to provide services to us, we may need to provide your Required Contact Information to third parties so that they may carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- To protect our business, we use information we collect to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites and the Services, and to identify and protect our business from fraudulent transactions.
- To manage our everyday business needs, such as to: administer and manage our business; train our employees; help promote compliance with our
terms of service or any other agreements between us; allow you to apply for a job; carry out research and development; carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent; or to comply with the law.
International transfers of your personal information
We may share or store your Personal Information with our third-party service providers based outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) who we engage to help us, amongst other things, fulfil your order, process your payment details and the provision of support services. We only transfer your Personal Information outside of the EEA:
- Where the transfer is to a place that is regarded by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for your Personal Information.
- Where we have put in place appropriate safeguards, for example by using a contract for the transfer which contains specific data protection provisions that have been adopted by the European Commission or a relevant data protection authority. You can request a copy of these contracts by contacting us at: [email protected]
- Where you have given your explicit consent, or there is another legal basis to allow us to make the transfer.
- Where the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or with a third party in your interest;
How long do we store personal information
The factors which influence how long we hold onto specific information for include (i) legal requirements; (ii) managing our legal risks; (iii) management of our business; and (iv) the nature of our relationship with you (and the services we provide you with).
Where you enter into a contract with us (such as for the purchase of equipment or services) we will generally keep your information for six years after the end of our contract with you.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy. You can find out more by contacting us.
Security and confidentiality
Your information is kept on secure servers and we implement a range of measures to try to ensure the security and integrity of our digital products, services and databases. We take steps to ensure that only authorised persons have access to your data.
When you submit your payment card details, we use industry-standard secure sockets layer (ssl) encryption technology to guard your information. However, we cannot guarantee that any data transmission over the internet is completely secure.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain web services, you are responsible for keeping this password
confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure so we cannot guarantee the security of your information when it is transmitted to our website or from third party websites, any transmission is at your own risk, however we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing at any time by changing your preference through your account. It is important to us that you are in control of your own information. As a result, we offer the following controls:
- You may request access to or copies of the Personal Information that we holdabout you. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at
[email protected] or at Oalo Security’s registered address: 14 Wickfield Drive, Sheffield, England, S12 4TE. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in such circumstances.
- If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us [email protected] as soon as possible. We will take steps to seek to correct or update any information if we are satisfied that the information we hold is inaccurate. You may request that we restrict our processing.
- You may request that your Personal Information be deleted, where it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed and provided there is no other lawful basis for which we may continue to process such information.
- To the extent we are processing your Personal Information to meet our legitimate interests (as set out above), you may object to the processing of your Personal Information by us. If we are unable to demonstrate our legitimate grounds for that processing, we will no longer process your Personal Information for those purposes
- You may object to our processing as set out above.
- You may withdraw any consent given to processing.
- Where we are processing your Personal Information automatically for the purposes of performing our contract with you, you may have the right to request that the Personal Information we hold about you be transferred to a third-party data controller.
Please contact [email protected] and we will assist you and provide you with all rights to which you are entitled in relation to your Personal Information under applicable data protection law.
If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your Personal Information, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) which is the UK authority responsible for data protection. Contact details are available online,or alternatively please ask us on [email protected]